Practical Tips That Guarantee A Good Sleep
Dont take alcohol at bed time as it interrupts sleep cycles later
specifically the deeper and essential sleep.
Avoid smoking as it does not calm them but on the contrary it is a Neurostimulant
that interferes with good sleep.
3) As far as possible keep distances from drinks like colas, coffee and
teas which contain caffeine and if impossible avoid them after lunch hour.
4) Taking a hot bath or shower at night an hour or two before bed time
relaxes the body and allows for the contrast in changes of temperature
to moderate themselves ( from hot bath to cooler room air).
5) Follow a daily exercise regimen to maintain a healthy body and tire
you out for a good nights sleep. The endorphins released reduce
your stress. Exercise should be late in the day or early in the evening
but not before going to bed. You should allow for a bit of down time.
6) In case you are unable to sleep after lying down dont feel hopeless.
Engage yourself in a quiet actively like reading, listening to music or
watching television. Divert your mind off the problem and you will soon
fall into sleep.
7) Ambience of the bedroom and its surroundings are very important. Some
cannot sleep amid noise where as others cannot sleep in quietness or in
total silent atmosphere. They prefer the hum of a fan or a humidifier
or soft music in the back ground. Today we have contraptions and CDs
that relax with sounds of rain falling, the oceans surf, or some
change of white noise that lulls the mind and body.
8) Room temperature plays a major role in sleeping patterns. It is your
personal preference. If you have the habit of sleeping during the day,
give it up as it interferes with sleep at night.
9) Dont eat heavily during night as it affects your digestion and
the acid reflux makes you sleepless. Some balanced protein and particularly
carbohydrates balance blood sugar in the body and promote sleep.
10) Bed room should be a private one where you can sleep and have sex.
It should not be a workplace or a room to watch television. Your routine
should be accepted by the body and mind as the fore runner to a restful
sleep and not more work.
11) Whenever you feel sleepy dont resist even if it is not your
bed time and you are prepared to work. Set an alarm for a regular hour
in the morning and stick to it before you get unto a regular and restful
Natural Alternative Treatments To Guarantee a Good Nights Sleep |
Tips That Guarantee A Good Sleep | Does
Prescription and Over the Counter Drugs Helps You To Have A Goodnights
Sleep | Do You Have Sleep
Problems | Getting
Professionals Help for Diagnosing Your Sleep Problems | Insomnia
Causes, Signs and Symptoms | Narcolepsy
A Very Serious Sleep Disorder | Products
That Helps You To Have A Perfect Sleep | Sleep
Problems How About Having A Perfect Mattress | What
Causes Apnea and How It is Treated |